To Know God's Will Concerning Any Issue
September 26, 2008
Jeremiah 33:3... "Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great things, which thou knowest not."
- To enable you to take the right decision on any issue.
- To make you know the mind of God on any particular issue.
- To determine whether a particular thing is God's choice for you.
- To discover secret things beneficial or detrimental to a particular issue.
The only thing that can secure peace, joy and happiness for you amidst turbulence and vicissitudes of life is to seek to the will of God in all areas of your life and to follow it.
Psalm 25:12... "What man is he that feareth the Lord? Him shall he teach in the way he shall choose."
God desires to make his will known to man. Time and again people ask, "How can I know the will of God? God does not talk to me! I don't know what to do."
There are many Scriptures which show us that God sincerely wants to teach us the way we should go. God wants to patiently instruct us so we will not make mistakes. Psalm 32:8 says, "I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you should go: I will guide you with my eyes." Proverbs 3:5 commands us to "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths."
When we come to the lord without any idol in our hearts or preconceived ideas of what we want or how we want things to turn out, He will teach us how to choose the best. Be still in the presence of the lord and he will speak to you in a way you will understand. His will always aligns with His WORD.
As you pray the following 22 prayer points with an open mind, "... you will be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding" (Colossians 1:9).
NOTE: The issue you are placing before God for direction or guidance must be scriptural.
Daniel 2:22: "He revealeth the deep and secret things: he knoweth what is in the darkness, and the light dwelleth with him."
Ephesians 1:17: "That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him."
Psalms 25:14: "The secret of the LORD is with them that fear him; and he will shew them his covenant."
Deuteronomy 29:29: "The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law."
10. O Lord, teach me deep and secret things.
11. O Lord, reveal to me every secret behind this particular issue, whether beneficial or not.
12. I refuse to fall under the manipulation of the spirits of confusion, in the name of Jesus.
13. O Lord, teach me to know that which is worth knowing and love that which worth loving, and to dislike whatsoever is not pleasing unto You.
14. I refuse to make foundational mistakes in my decision-making, in the name of Jesus.
15. Father Lord, guide and direct me in knowing Your mind on this particular issue.
16. I stand against all satanic attachments that may seek to confuse my decision, in the name of Jesus.
17. If ... (mention the name of the thing or issue) is not for me, O Lord, re-direct my steps.
18. I bind the activities of ... (pick from the list below) in my life, in the name of Jesus.
› lust › ungodly infatuation › ungodly family pressure
› demonic manipulation in dreams and visions
› attachment to the wrong choice › confusing revelations
› spiritual blindness and deafness › unprofitable advice
› ungodly impatience
19. Lord, make Your way plain before my face.
20. O God, You who reveals secret things, make known unto me Your
choice for me on this issue.
21. Holy Spirit, open my eyes and help me to make the right decision, in the name of Jesus.
22. Father Lord, I thank You for the testimonies that will follow these prayer points. AMEN.